Greetings from Episcopus!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Greetings from Episcopus!

Post by Episcopus »

(what's hello from episcopus in Latin?)<br /><br />Hello! I am episcopus and I epitomize the word 'beginner'!<br /><br />Please check my thread regarding Benjamin D'Ooge in Latin board!<br /><br />Thanks<br /><br />Finally I just want to say that I am extremely jealous of all these freaks' being able to read Ancient Greek?! Can you speak it?<br /><br />No well done I hope one day I may be able to too!<br /><br />First latin :)
Last edited by Episcopus on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

annis
Textkit Zealot

Re:Greetings from Episcopus!

Post by annis »

[quote author=Episcopus link=board=6;threadid=177;start=0#845 date=1055789032]<br />Finally I just want to say that I am extremely jealous of all these freaks' being able to read Ancient Greek?! Can you speak it?<br />[/quote]<br /><br />To the best of my knowledge no one really tries to make classical Greek a spoken language, though some people are experimenting with spoken Latin. It seems like a good idea... you'll learn the language better.<br /><br />But as for Greek, no one tries that, probably for two reasons. One, no one wants to profane the language by asking directions to the agora. Two, Modern Greek.<br /><br />I'd love to be able to converse in Greek. I'd just have to pic a dialect. :)<br /><br />--<br />wm<br /><br />p.s. - the avatar you're using is very large; can you shrink that down a bit into something that doesn't force us to scroll over to read your text?<br />
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

lol... speaking of "profane". I wonder why my professor never taught me the word "mulcebam".
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

quod Galeam perlucidam non gerebat?

GlottalGreekGeek
Textkit Zealot

Post by GlottalGreekGeek »

*impersonating mariek's voice*

Welcome to Textkit!