Another Publisher I thought of

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Dean
Textkit Neophyte

Another Publisher I thought of

Post by Dean »

I was just thinking I should post this publisher to Textkit. I have a few books from them and they have been excellent.<br />The publisher is Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers, Inc.<br />The URL is: www.bolchazy.com

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re:Another Publisher I thought of

Post by Carola »

I just had a look at this site - looks like a good place to spend some money! I was a bit disappointed to see that there is no facility for overseas orders, however. I might send an email to see if they can do this or whether they have an agent in Australia. Most firms will, however they are often surprised to learn that we not only speak English but can actually read & write over here!

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Post by vinobrien »

You might try the Hellenic Bookservice on www.hellenicbookservice.co.uk. Yes they are on the other side of the world from you but they do post and they seem to stock just about everything. The site is a little impenetrable but it's worth e-mailing them with your requests. I use them a lot as prices and availability are often better than Amazon.

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

Thank you Vin - I see what you mean about the site being "impenetrable" - I guess an interest in the Classics does not mean you know how to write HTML! I will email them for a freight cost. One thing I do like about Amazon is their wonderful service - I often order CD's from them and they arrive very promptly. Books aren't so fast but I suppose they have to come by surface mail, which can sometimes be very slow when there are strikes/wars/bad weather or whatever. Oh well, at least we don't really have to worry so much about all the world's problems here out in the sticks!

vinobrien
Textkit Member

Post by vinobrien »

They are prompt in sending things out and quite small scale. As far as I can tell there are two women who get the books off the shelves, put them in an envelope and give them to the courrier when he calls at 4:00 p.m. Very much a cottage industry, but I usually get books I order two days after I've 'phoned with a credit card.