Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
ALANVS DE RVPESCISSA
Textkit Neophyte

Post by ALANVS DE RVPESCISSA »

I just wanted to formally say hello to everyone and to say how glad that this place exists. I look forward to many a winter's night in front of my computer, slogging through my D'Ooge and discussing the finer points of grammar or literature with all of you. Why not some Claudian made available some day or Ammiannus Marcellinus?
ALANVS

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

Welcome! We need more Latin learners around here... I was afraid we would be overrun with Greeks forever...
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: New Member

Post by Carola »

ALANVS DE RVPESCISSA wrote: I look forward to many a winter's night in front of my computer, slogging through my D'Ooge .....
ALANVS
I guess that in Nova Scotia you get plenty of long winter nights! Welcome - & I agree with Benissimus - we could do with some more Latinists :wink:

mariek
Global Moderator

Re: New Member

Post by mariek »

Welcome to Textkit! You'll find some other people who are working through D'Ooge ... you guys can help each other. :D

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome to Textkit!

Episcopus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Episcopus »

Hey Bit like!

It's quite ironic that, in Britain, the Greek Classical A-Level numbers were at 276! Nationwide! Whereas Latin students totalled around 10,000.
It seems that Greek students are zealots whereas Latinists are more abundant but are taught in class rather than having to 'resort' to a dark-horse rarity like textkit.

Anyhow, I do also be working through B.L.D and am 7 pages away from the Constructions part (subjunctive yay!).

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Welcome :)