Copying Jenney's Answer Key for 1979 Workbook

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
pin130
Textkit Member

Copying Jenney's Answer Key for 1979 Workbook

Post by pin130 »

I've been using Jenney's First Year Latin 1979 edition, which I've read is superior to later editions. The workbook for this edition is available. However the answer key is not, and I've tried all the usual sources.
Therefore, if anyone owns this book or knows someone who does, I'd pay for that someone to photocopy
the book and send it to me. Name a fair price for the work involved plus shipping. As far as the legality of this, I called the original copyright holder (Pearson) and they told me that I didn't have to ask permission for one copy for the individual learner. Anyone out there who could help me with this?

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Copying Jenney's Answer Key for 1979 Workbook

Post by thesaurus »

I've requested the text through my university's Inter Library Loan, but we'll have to wait and see whether they can find a copy to send me. There didn't seem to be any library holdings listed on WorldCat...

Edit: There seems to be a copy for sale here as well as on a few other websites (all appear to be the same seller). I'd try to contact them.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Copying Jenney's Answer Key for 1979 Workbook

Post by thesaurus »

We have tried all possible resources.

No library has been able to supply this item.
Alas, Inter-Library Loan has fallen through (this doesn't mean the book doesn't exist, but that no library in the system has or is willing to lend the item). I'd keep my eye out for used copies being sold online.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute