Textkit Logo

new books arrived!

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

new books arrived!

Postby SeanL » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:17 am

Not that anybody should care, but I don't have anyone immediately to hand in my life who could get properly excited for me. I just received by mail my copy of the intermediate Liddel and Loeb's Lucian, vol. 1. I am still waiting for Patristic Greek Reader. Reading Lucian is way way way down the road, and he will sit on my shelf a while as a tempting treat and "carrot." What a delight just to hold it in my hands and skim the pages, recognizing a few words! I don't know what the sentences mean yet, but even recognizing something, actually several somethings, was an utter delight. "Hey, I know what that means! And there's a verb -- no clue what it means, but I know it's an aorist! And over there, why I do believe I see an adjective."

-- Sean
phpbb
SeanL
Textkit Neophyte

Re: new books arrived!

Postby cscase » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:33 am

Woohoo, books!

I know what you mean about having a "carrot" book. I have one here among my books as well, a book that I like to look at and smell but which I can't very much actually read (yet!). :P

Scott
cscase
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Greek