3 Sentences Translation (Latin to English)

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
deus123
Textkit Neophyte

3 Sentences Translation (Latin to English)

Post by deus123 »

Could you give me some help with these sentences from Latin to English, explaining any grammatical points I've got wrong so I understand in the future? My translations are just my attempts which I would appreciate it if you could correct.
  • consilium tuum melius meo est. Your plan is better than mine.
    plures milites in silva quam in castris manebant. More soldiers were staying in the wood than in the camps.
    peiorem servum numquam vidi. I have never seen a worse slave.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: 3 Sentences Translation (Latin to English)

Post by thesaurus »

deus123 wrote:Could you give me some help with these sentences from Latin to English, explaining any grammatical points I've got wrong so I understand in the future? My translations are just my attempts which I would appreciate it if you could correct.
  • consilium tuum melius meo est. Your plan is better than mine.
    plures milites in silva quam in castris manebant. More soldiers were staying in the wood than in the camps.
    peiorem servum numquam vidi. I have never seen a worse slave.
Your translations all appear correct. Good work! (You might say "in the forest" instead of "in the wood[s].")
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

modus.irrealis
Textkit Zealot

Re: 3 Sentences Translation (Latin to English)

Post by modus.irrealis »

With "castra", I believe it usually means just "camp", and that's how I read it here.