Learning Greek in Melbourne, Australia

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
vivitur
Textkit Neophyte

Learning Greek in Melbourne, Australia

Post by vivitur »

Hello,
Although from Melbourne originally, I've lived the past 18 years in SE Asia. However, I'm planning on returning to Melbourne possibly in February 2011 and was wondering if there are any Textkit members there who might be interested in sharing some learning in either Greek &/or Latin.
I was a teacher for 30 years, in Eng Lit, History, Drama etc....retired for the past 3 years. Having learnt Latin at school, I've always kept it up and actually increased my range over the past 10 years - especially in Ovid and Horace.
For just over a year and a half, I've been teaching myself Attic Greek and enjoy it immensely. Can now manage some sections of Plato's Symposium and Lysis; Xenophon's Anabasis etc. I'm also exploring some of the Septuagint and later writers, eg Libanius.
I've twice visited Greece; Turkey, Syria, Jordan once each and am hoping to go back in the near future to pursue the Classical heritage

Anyone interested in sharing learning materials/texts and discussions of topics of mutual concern? Perhaps meeting up in Melbourne next February?

Regards,
Tony Page

tomtom
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Learning Greek in Melbourne, Australia

Post by tomtom »

Hey there!

I'd love to share some resources/learning materials.
Send me an email if you are interested!