Textkit Store - Selling Textkit's Original Books

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Textkit Store - Selling Textkit's Original Books

Post by Jeff Tirey »

All,

I had an extra license to a pretty nice shopping cart script, so I though it was time to begin the process of selling the Textkit books I have collected over the years. There's a link in the store that explains everything but simply put it's time for me due to lack of space to begin selling all the Textkit books I purchased.

The store will have about 90 books eventually, here it is now and I'll load a few more in everyday.
http://store.textkit.com

thanks,
jeff
Textkit Founder

Hampie
Textkit Member

Re: Textkit Store - Selling Textkit's Original Books

Post by Hampie »

Jeff Tirey wrote:All,

I had an extra license to a pretty nice shopping cart script, so I though it was time to begin the process of selling the Textkit books I have collected over the years. There's a link in the store that explains everything but simply put it's time for me due to lack of space to begin selling all the Textkit books I purchased.

The store will have about 90 books eventually, here it is now and I'll load a few more in everyday.
http://store.textkit.com

thanks,
jeff
Would it be possible for you to also sell new-printed versions of the books you've scanned?
Här kan jag i alla fall skriva på svenska, eller hur?

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

IHi Hampie,

I have looked into selling new reprints. I would like to do that as time permits. I have all the original scans of the books but where there would be some work is the task of auditing the books to ensure no missing pages and also to really clean up the images.

Anything in particular that you would like to see?

thanks,
jEff
Textkit Founder

Hampie
Textkit Member

Post by Hampie »

Jeff Tirey wrote:IHi Hampie,

I have looked into selling new reprints. I would like to do that as time permits. I have all the original scans of the books but where there would be some work is the task of auditing the books to ensure no missing pages and also to really clean up the images.

Anything in particular that you would like to see?

thanks,
jEff
Ah, at the present time nothing in particular (I'm already loaded with material I will have to finish and it will take some time) – but it seemed to be a very good idea indeed, especially since you've already done half the work!, and there are many who do not like to read PDF files on their computers.

Also, one thing comes to mind, you say you have all scans of the books you've uploaded. How come the Gildersleeve's Grammar is not available on site? My professor in latin at Uni and several others have spoken most wonderful about it – and since it's 19th century it would be public domain, non?

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

Hampie wrote:How come the Gildersleeve's Grammar is not available on site?
Possibly because it's already available here.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

Hampie
Textkit Member

Post by Hampie »

Lex wrote:
Hampie wrote:How come the Gildersleeve's Grammar is not available on site?
Possibly because it's already available here.
:oops:

NateD26
Textkit Zealot

Post by NateD26 »

Hampie wrote: Also, one thing comes to mind, you say you have all scans of the books you've uploaded. How come the Gildersleeve's Grammar is not available on site? My professor in latin at Uni and several others have spoken most wonderful about it – and since it's 19th century it would be public domain, non?
Is this book more of an advanced, "consult-when-in-need" type a-la Smyth's Grammar for Greek, or it is possible for a beginner to learn Latin
from it?
Nate.

Craig_Thomas
Textkit Member

Post by Craig_Thomas »

It's a reference grammar, like Smyth's.

Hampie
Textkit Member

Post by Hampie »

NateD26 wrote:
Hampie wrote: Also, one thing comes to mind, you say you have all scans of the books you've uploaded. How come the Gildersleeve's Grammar is not available on site? My professor in latin at Uni and several others have spoken most wonderful about it – and since it's 19th century it would be public domain, non?
Is this book more of an advanced, "consult-when-in-need" type a-la Smyth's Grammar for Greek, or it is possible for a beginner to learn Latin
from it?
Dense grammar, nothing you’d use as a primary source when learning. It has some very, very neat poems to aid memorizing rules though!

NateD26
Textkit Zealot

Post by NateD26 »

Thanks, Craig_Thomas & Hampie. :)
I'll begin learning from D'Ooge and will consult this book when I get to an advanced stage in my studies.
Nate.