TRANSLATION

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
justino
Textkit Neophyte

TRANSLATION

Post by justino »

:'( Can somebody out there please help translate this into latin <br /><br /><br />"The LORD is my light and my salvation;<br /> whom shall I fear?<br /> The LORD is the strongholda of my life;<br /> of whom shall I be afraid? "<br />

auctor
Textkit Member

Re:TRANSLATION

Post by auctor »

That is Psalms 27:1, I think. You'll find the Vulgate [a Latin Bible] somewhere on the web.<br /><br />cheers,<br />Paul

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

Dominus inluminatio mea et salus mea, quem timebo ? Dominus protector vitae meae, a quo trepidabo ?<br /><br />It's Psalm 26 of the Vulgate (27 of the Hebraic Bible)<br /><br />See http://www.thelatinlibrary.com/bible/psalms.html#26

auctor
Textkit Member

Post by auctor »

Thanks, Skylax<br />I can't explain getting 27 for 26... podgy fingers and a small keyboard would be good but carelessness is more likely!<br /><br />cheers,<br />Paul

Skylax
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Skylax »

No, no : there is a variation in the numbering of Psalms.<br />In fact, Psalms 9 of the Vulgate was (later? in an other edition?) split into two psalms, accordingly numbered 9 et 10.