Textkit Logo

Kleber Kosta Iliad on YouTube. What do you think?

Here's where you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get translation help and more!

Kleber Kosta Iliad on YouTube. What do you think?

Postby charleshardt » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:41 am

I just found lines 1 - 30 of the Iliad on YouTube, recited by Kleber Kosta. Sorry I can't provide a direct link; I'm browsing on a Wii. (l-e-t-t-e-r b-y l-e-t-t-e-r!) Just go to YouTube and search “Kleber Kosta Iliad” and it'll be the first result.

What do the advanced members here think of this rendition? I thought it was inspiring, and I enjoyed actually hearing how the sounds, vowels, etc. correspond to the explanations I'm reading in Pharr and on the internet. There were not a few divergences from how I was saying it, and I'm looking forward to studying this video in more depth.
charleshardt
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Kleber Kosta Iliad on YouTube. What do you think?

Postby Scribo » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:02 am

It's actually how I do it, i.e a mix of modern Greek thrown in there. Incidently one of the members here (Annis?) has a few lines recorded somewhere which sound good.
Scribo
Textkit Enthusiast

Postby Markos » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 am

Hi, Charles,

Here is the link to what you are talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22mJXuQnYIg

Let me say first off that I am a big fan of this guys videos in general.

In my opinion how one evaluates a reading like this has little to do with how well one knows Homeric Greek and everything to do with personal taste. There are lots of different ways one can read Homer. I will simply say this reading is very easy for me to understand and sounds wonderful to me.
I am writing in Ancient Greek not because I know Greek well, but because I hope that it will improve my fluency in reading. I got the idea for this from Adrianus over on the Latin forum here at Textkit.
Markos
Textkit Zealot

Postby samiparker » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:52 pm

Oh well, I ve been through almost all the posts of the topic here but I am unable to find something for the basics, almost all posts are either for moderate level users or the highly advanced user like this post is, I want something for basics, can someone provide me some link to the basics of greek language?
samiparker
Textkit Neophyte

Return to Learning Greek