Textkit Logo

Consciouness is Divine

Philosophers and rhetoricians, Welcome!

Consciouness is Divine

Postby Quintus » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:04 pm

Salve,
I have been a long time believer that consciousness is divine, that we are all masters and creators of our own conscious universe. Not necessarily that myself or any individual is in fact "God" but simply that we are all only consciousness and we can shape our world as we see fit. We have complete control over all signals input to our brains; the way we deal with these signals or senses creates a world that is unique to everyone who has ever lived. As God said in the Bible, "I am what I am." We are consciousness, nothing more. The Bible is a wonderful collection of metaphors describing how humanity, armed with nothing more than their mind, can purify or destroy their entire universe.
Being a former classical Latin student myself (far to many years ago for me to admit) I would like to hear your views on this topic. I have not done much research into religion or cultures who share my subjective opinions for fear of labeling myself with too narrow a view. I look forward to hearing your responses. Do you too believe what I do? Do we have similar views but differ on others? Am i just a crazy old man?
On a side note, I am wishing to forge a medallion out of pewter, I have an old metallurgy kit in my basement, and would like to put the phrase "Consciousness is divine" on it except spelled in Latin. The translation I have come up with (really testing my memory for this one) is "conscientia est divinus" Any information or tips on my translation would be greatly appreciated.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Quintus
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Consciouness is Divine

Postby Quintus » Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:10 pm

No feedback yet? I thought for sure you all would have something to add.
Quintus
Textkit Neophyte

Postby dlb » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:07 am

Quintus wrote:but simply that we are all only consciousness and we can shape our world as we see fit. We have complete control over all signals input to our brains; ...

Hmmm ... let's see, please tell this to the next person who crashes their car into yours causing injury, pain and suffering to your occupants.
OR
tell yourself this after you run your finger thru a machine which cuts it off.

You do not have complete control over all signals input to your brain because you are not totally rational (at least I hope that you have some emotions.)
dlb
Deus me ducet, non ratio.
Observito Quam Educatio Melius Est.
dlb
Textkit Member

Postby dlb » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:59 am

azad007 wrote:Consciousness is divine but there is God who make our fate.All incidents of our life are based on our fate,so after making accident of any one .We can not say any thing because every thing is preplanned by God.

I believe you are saying,
God makes our fate.
All incidents are based on our fate.
Therefore, God makes all incidents.

Did He not give us a free will?
Deus me ducet, non ratio.
Observito Quam Educatio Melius Est.
dlb
Textkit Member

Postby gfross » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:34 am

Quintus wrote:Salve,
I have been a long time believer that consciousness is divine, that we are all masters and creators of our own conscious universe. Not necessarily that myself or any individual is in fact "God" but simply that we are all only consciousness and we can shape our world as we see fit. We have complete control over all signals input to our brains; the way we deal with these signals or senses creates a world that is unique to everyone who has ever lived. As God said in the Bible, "I am what I am." We are consciousness, nothing more. The Bible is a wonderful collection of metaphors describing how humanity, armed with nothing more than their mind, can purify or destroy their entire universe.
Being a former classical Latin student myself (far to many years ago for me to admit) I would like to hear your views on this topic. I have not done much research into religion or cultures who share my subjective opinions for fear of labeling myself with too narrow a view. I look forward to hearing your responses. Do you too believe what I do? Do we have similar views but differ on others? Am i just a crazy old man?

I look forward to hearing from you!

You might be interested in reading the Seth books by Jane Roberts: Seth Speaks, The Nature of Personal Reality, etc. Also check out the abraham-hicks website. And if you are interested, you can also read my posts on this subject in this forum. :)
gfross
Textkit Neophyte

Return to The Academy