In love, there is beauty Translation

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
excaza
Textkit Neophyte

In love, there is beauty Translation

Post by excaza »

<deleted>
Last edited by excaza on Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: In love, there is beauty Translation

Post by thesaurus »

excaza wrote:Hi all, I'm looking for a translation for "In love, there is beauty" for a tattoo that I've been drawing. This is directed at a person, so I'm guessing amor and venustas are appropriate here, but that is only the result of using a dictionary and I would like the opinion of people with expertise before I make it permanent. Plus I have no idea how to form a latin sentence.

Also, since they're so similar, I'd like to ask for a translation of "In love, there is life" as well.
Since these are simple sentences, Latin doesn't really need a verb like "there is," so you can have something like

"In amore, venustas".

"Pulchritudo" also means "beauty," but it doesn't sound like the prettiest word to me. Do you have a certain kind of beauty in mind?

"In love, there is life" = "In amore, vita"
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

excaza
Textkit Neophyte

Re: In love, there is beauty Translation

Post by excaza »

<deleted>