SOSM.Inc

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
little flower
Textkit Member

SOSM.Inc

Post by little flower »

hi again all
Is any one interested in learning how to serve a Latin Mass. If so you can get the relevant cd's at the above website. Its fairly expensive ($260 inc postage) but seems sufficient for a beginner in latin. I was hoping to become a priest but for health reasons it seems impossible so i will have to satisfy myself as an altar server.
If any one is interested in joining me and my tutor (dr ann martin) on this project leave a message. It can serve as an introduction to church latin or maybe help at vocation discernment. Im sure wherever one happens to be their will be a latin priest (sspx) who will be only too glad to employ one as an altar server,(whatever your age) . Usually it is reserved for men as only men can become priests and traditionally many altar servers went on to join the priesthood.
The site 'SIMPLICISSIMUS' hosted by the latin mass society (england and Wales) has an introduction to the latin mass by Dr carol byrne.If any body knows any other sites for church latin leave a message.
Best of luck
little flower.

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: SOSM.Inc

Post by adrianus »

Sorry to hear you're not well enough for that career, little flower. Good luck in your project. $260 does seem very expensive to me, too.
Quod non satìs vales ut sacerdos fias, floscule, me paenitet. Bonam fortunam de consilio tibi opto. Percarum ut pretium id et mihi videtur: ducenti sescenti dollari.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Re: SOSM.Inc

Post by Bedell »

nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010