The word 'Fraeti' not found in two dictionaries for Latin.

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
caervlevs
Textkit Neophyte

The word 'Fraeti' not found in two dictionaries for Latin.

Post by caervlevs »

Could such be a later Latin word? I can't find it as a certain part of speech. What does it mean?

Cheers! :D

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: The word 'Fraeti' not found in two dictionaries for Latin.

Post by adrianus »

caervlevs wrote:I can't find it as a certain part of speech
Nor I. Is it maybe an OCR error for "fracti", the participle "fractus -a -um" from the verb "frango"? What's the context,—the whole sentence in which it appears? Or written in place of "frētum -a -um" ("relying on")?
P.S. I bet you it's written for "fracti". Searching on the internet that's what I find.

Nec ego. Estne fortassìs erratum cognitionis characterum opticae pro "fracti" participio "frango" verbi? Da sententiam integram in quâ invenitur. Estne "frētum" adjectivi loco scriptum?
Post scriptum. Ausim deponere tecum, pro "fracti" scriptum est. Sic video in interrete quaerens.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.