An Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jonathan
Textkit Neophyte

An Introduction

Post by Jonathan »

Hello. I've been lurking in the shadows for the past month. I'm very interested in learning Attic Greek, and eventually the Homeric dialect.
I have been studying White's First Greek Book, and have finally decided to join the community!

Well, talk to you later. :)

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Jonathan - I'm a lurker myself on most boards. Glad to see you posted.

jeff
Textkit Founder

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

Hi Jonathan!

I used just lurk around forums, but I found it's much more fun to post :)

mariek
Global Moderator

Welcome!

Post by mariek »

Hi Jonathan! Welcome to Textkit. Glad to see you decided to join and post a message. We promise we won't bite. ;)

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Nice of you to join us! I noticed you're also from Ontario, are you around the GTA?

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Jonathan! I hope you'll enjoy Textkit as much as I have. I'm also using White's First Greek Book...off and on. Have you just started it?

Again, welcome!

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Re: Welcome!

Post by mingshey »

mariek wrote:Hi Jonathan! Welcome to Textkit. Glad to see you decided to join and post a message. We promise we won't bite. ;)
Well, except some occasional teasing bite as when little cubs play with, er, each other. :P

Welcome, Jonathan!
It's really nice to spend your time in the forum. But beware, it tends to swallow your time. :wink:
Last edited by mingshey on Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jonathan
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Jonathan »

Thanks for the welcome!
MDS wrote:Nice of you to join us! I noticed you're also from Ontario, are you around the GTA?
I'm from Barrie, I think it's part of the GTA...
Keesa wrote:I'm also using White's First Greek Book...off and on. Have you just started it?
I started the book about three weeks ago. I think I'm doing good so far.

8)

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Jonathan wrote:
Keesa wrote:I'm also using White's First Greek Book...off and on. Have you just started it?
I started the book about three weeks ago. I think I'm doing good so far.

8)
Neato. I'll bet you're farther along than I am. :wink: I've been working on it for a couple of months, as I remember, but I'm still in the first few chapters. (Somebody scold me back into my studies!)

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

I'm crawling like a snail on First Greek Book, too. It's Lesson 16 that just I got to. The man White explains everything in quite a different manner than Chase and Philipps do, which is refreshing.

Keesa, have a quick glance over everything first, then read them all carefully once more. Since it's not a couple of day's job, if you are doing it in once in a bluemoon way, previous learnings would slip away from your memory. Quick survey of what you plan to attack, repeatedly once a while, will help your memory. And your learning will be like a review of what you once met.

May the φῶς be with you!

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Hehe. No, it's a little more often than once in a blue moon. You're right about looking it all over, though. That's a very good idea. Thanks!

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

We promise we won't bite.
Well, at least most of us... :twisted:
Welcome! :)