Answer Key?

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
Invictus
Textkit Neophyte

Answer Key?

Post by Invictus »

Is there an answer key available for Pharr? I would feel a lot more confident if I could check my translations.

Thanks

edonnelly
Administrator

Re: Answer Key?

Post by edonnelly »

http://greekgeek.org/

Paul has answers to most (?all) of the exercises posted there.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

beatus vir
Textkit Neophyte

Post by beatus vir »

Thanks for sharing the link. That looks like a helpful site!

rhodian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rhodian »

greekgeek appears to have died, but you can still find an archived copy of the relevant pages at archive dot org. i'd post a link but as a new user i'm not sure i'm allowed to (you guys seem to have been having a hard time, eh?) but what you wanna do is search for the exact address in what they call the wayback machine. i dunno what has happened to the greekgeek site, the answer key is a great resource - working with pharr would be a lot less meaningful without it!

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

http://web.archive.org/web/200805290412 ... kgeek.org/

I have all of my answers from when I worked through Pharr, though I wasn't always diligent about fixing my copy of them after Adelheid had corrected them on GTSS. Maybe the new textkit version will have a wiki-type page. I'd be happy to post my answers if others were willing to work on (1) fixing my errors and (2) adding alternative but equally-correct answers. One of the great things about Paul's site was the so many of us had used it, that you could get lots of different answers to each exercise.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

rhodian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rhodian »

ooo, i think a wiki's a great idea!

gfross
Textkit Neophyte

Post by gfross »

edonnelly wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/200805290412 ... kgeek.org/

I have all of my answers from when I worked through Pharr, though I wasn't always diligent about fixing my copy of them after Adelheid had corrected them on GTSS. Maybe the new textkit version will have a wiki-type page. I'd be happy to post my answers if others were willing to work on (1) fixing my errors and (2) adding alternative but equally-correct answers. One of the great things about Paul's site was the so many of us had used it, that you could get lots of different answers to each exercise.
Thanks for this link! I wouldn't mind working on fixing your errors, assuming that I find any, or adding alternative answers.