Brutus

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
ziptar
Textkit Neophyte

Brutus

Post by ziptar »

Was hoping someone here could help me out with this translation.
Ut, sub eo cognomine latens, liberator, ille popuoli romani opperiretur tempora sua. Is tum ab Tarquiniis, filiis regis, ductus est Delphos, lubidbrium verius quam comes. Quo postquam venerunt, perfectis patris madatis, cupido incessit animos iuvenum rogandi ad quem eorum regnum Romanum esset venturum. Ex infimo vocem redditam audiunt: "Imperium summum Romae habebit qui vestrum primus o iuvenes, osculum matri dederit"

I've been able to identify the verbs, nouns etc.. and their conjugations/declensions but I don't think I have been able to translate most of it properly. Any translation you guys can provide to compare to what I have now would be greatly appreciated.

furrykef
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: Brutus

Post by furrykef »

I'm probably going to be of limited help since I'm upper beginner/lower intermediate, but it's generally good manners to show your own attempt before asking for a translation. You'll be more likely to get help that way. :)
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.

Delirant isti romani!