Hi all!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Leonidas300
Textkit Neophyte

Hi all!

Post by Leonidas300 »

Hello everyone there!

Call me Leo. I intend to learn Latin and Ancient Greek to the point where I can read ancient texts without any problems at all. I also intend to learn and learn and learn about classical history, philosophy, etc., until I die.

I hope to get to know some of you well over the time that I intend to spend here.

Vale.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Hi all!

Post by thesaurus »

Hi Leo! It's nice to see you here. I also share the same goals--"without any problems at all" may take a long time, but you can make it happen if you take a long term and disciplined approach to your studies. Some of us have been around for a while, and I can speak for us all by saying that we hope you do stick around.

Salve Leo! Mihi pergratus adventus tuus. Fines iidem adsequor et ego--si optas "ullis sine difficultatibus" legas, multum temporis his cum linguis degere necesse est, sed cautus si iter contemplas, prudens si discis ut semper discas, forsan et haec olim optavisse juvabit. Nostrum sunt qui multos annos hic frequentant atque pro omnibus confirmatus dico te quoque multos annos apud nos manere avemus.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

Leonidas300
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hi all!

Post by Leonidas300 »

thesaurus,

Thanks for the boost; I know it will take years to get to where I want to be, but years I got, and years I am willing to take. I can't think of anything more rewarding!

How did you get started on this path, and what did you do to get your Latin razor-sharp?