Textkit Logo

Strange sequence of posts

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Strange sequence of posts

Postby thesaurus » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:44 pm

There seems to be something odd going on with the order in which posts (and possibly) are listed. I receive notifications about new posts, only to see that it was written some days ago, and it appears mid way in the ongoing thread, BEFORE other posts. It seems as if the person posted their response, but for whatever reason it got hung up in the server and didn't show up until days later. I've encountered this more than a few times over the last few weeks.

I just replied to some old threads in the Latin forum that I could swear weren't there before. We Latin nerds are pretty tenacious about promptly replying to new threads... I imagine the same time-lag thing is going on with them.

Maybe this has something to do with new posters waiting for administrative approval before their posts appear?

Just a heads-up for the admins. Thanks!
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute
thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Strange sequence of posts

Postby Jeff Tirey » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 am

yes, it has to do with the moderation queue where you have privs to immediately reply to a thread but a new user must wait for moderation approval by myself. I was out of town all last week which jammed up the queue too which didn't help.

Jeff
Textkit Founder
Jeff Tirey
Administrator
Administrator

Return to Open Board