Keep greetings in one thread?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
quendidil
Textkit Member

Keep greetings in one thread?

Post by quendidil »

Could the greetings all be kept in one thread? Having to see 10 threads on people introducing themselves is rather annoying IMO.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Keep greetings in one thread?

Post by thesaurus »

I enjoy reading the introductions, but I do think grouping them somehow would be a good idea.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

I agree...
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

quendidil
Textkit Member

Post by quendidil »

With the recent slew of greeting threads, I would like to reiterate this request.

Hampie
Textkit Member

Post by Hampie »

I agree! Scanning through this forum section is very hard looking for the threads that are not introductions. No offence, but I do not read them and it makes it pretty tedious for me to look through this board trying to find threads of interest (I found one regarding assyriology which made me very happy!). I also miss the ’other languages’ board (or whatever it was called). Seeing as many of them, whom study latin and greek very often indeed are interested in other languages as well.
Här kan jag i alla fall skriva på svenska, eller hur?

Auberon
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Auberon »

I agree about grouping them in a thread. It should be a sticky at the top of the list. But my concern is people are writing to say hello and so many go unanswered. It'd be great for everyone to feel welcome and somehow let them know we're happy they're here.
Given the choice between accomplishing something and just lying around, I'd rather lie around. No contest.—Eric Clapton

quendidil
Textkit Member

Post by quendidil »

Auberon wrote:I agree about grouping them in a thread. It should be a sticky at the top of the list. But my concern is people are writing to say hello and so many go unanswered. It'd be great for everyone to feel welcome and somehow let them know we're happy they're here.
Actually they're required to make an introduction post due to the new rules. Personally I've never made any introductions on online fora - I come to discuss topics of interest, not to make small talk.

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

Hampie wrote:I agree! Scanning through this forum section is very hard looking for the threads that are not introductions. No offence, but I do not read them and it makes it pretty tedious for me to look through this board trying to find threads of interest (I found one regarding assyriology which made me very happy!). I also miss the ’other languages’ board (or whatever it was called). Seeing as many of them, whom study latin and greek very often indeed are interested in other languages as well.
Link me to that baby. 8)
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

furrykef
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by furrykef »

I agree too. I only made my greeting thread at all because I discovered that the rules require it, and I put mine in its own thread solely because that's what everybody else was doing...
Founder of Learning Languages Through Video Games.

Delirant isti romani!

1%homeless
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by 1%homeless »

I agree as well...