Textkit Logo

D'Ooge's Latin For Beginners Key

Are you learning Latin with D'Ooge's Beginners Latin Book? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback and comments from others.

Re: D'Ooge's Latin For Beginners Key

Postby georgetown09 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:03 am

That was really nice of all you guys who took time to create the beginners key. We really appreciate that. Thanks
georgetown09
Textkit Neophyte

Postby Leni » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:41 am

Hi everyone,
Before I subscribe to the newsletter too I wanted to know if any of you could give me a short review about this Key?
I'm a latin beginner and I'm really excited to learn this language, but I'm not quite sure how. I really try to find a good way.
Leni
Textkit Neophyte

Postby JBowyer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:52 am

I've just started trying to learn Latin (as will become obvious) and I wonder if could ask a question about the key? Exercise 78 page 34 gives for question 3 'Ancilla equo aquam et frumentum dat.' Isn't frumentum in the accusative in this sentence and shouldn't it therefore be frumenti?
Thanks
John
JBowyer
Textkit Neophyte

Postby WongHongyi » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Hello! I am currently doing the exercises and I found an error. The answer for Section 34, P 17, Qn 7, part 3 should be “girls, acc, pl”. The answer in the key is “daughters, acc, pl”. The question was “puellas”.
WongHongyi
Textkit Neophyte

Postby slaomo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:31 pm

Huge, huge thank you to everyone involved in making this happen. It's been invaluable to me! :D
slaomo
Textkit Neophyte

Previous

Return to Latin For Beginners by D'Ooge