Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
rkday
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by rkday »

I gather that I'm meant to post here first to introduce myself, so hello! I've lurked on these boards for a while, largely just to find out more random Latin tidbits and to see if I know the answers to some of the easier questions that come up - I'm now almost confident enough to start posting.

As to who I am and what I do, I have about a year of Latin under my belt (firstly at Princeton, where I spent a semester abroad, then at Oxford where I read ancient history) - more specifically, I've finished Wheelock and am working my way through his Loci Immutati - and I'm going to take up Greek intensively this summer at University College Cork, in order to go on to postgraduate work in Classics.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Introduction

Post by thesaurus »

Welcome. I'm glad to see you've started posting--don't worry about confidence, you'll gain that the more you practice. You'll find that people post questions ranging from the most simple inquiries about declension to complex investigations of syntax, etc.

Gratus venis. Te dubia scripsisse laetor videns--noli solicitari, fidentior faciendo fies. Ut tibi videbitur, haec in fora sunt dubia posita simplicissimis de rebus, sicut de decelnatione verborum, usque ad ea callidissima de inquisitionibus syntaxis et aliorum rerum obscurorum.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute