Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
NightNGaleX3x
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by NightNGaleX3x »

Hi, everyone,
My name is Annabelle. I am learning Latin with Latin: An Intensive Course. I took two years of Latin in high school and decided since I am English major in college now, and a prospective psychology grad student, Latin would be beneficial to learn further. Plus, I just love Latin which is a good enough reason for me to learn it more.

Thanks for reading my intro!

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re: Introduction

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Annabelle - welcome to Textkit! What are your Latin reading goals?

thanks,
jeff
Textkit Founder

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Post by thesaurus »

I also majored in English, and after my sophomore year I became interested in Latin, picked up a minor in it, and haven't stopped since (I'm in grad school for English now, but still taking Latin courses and writing about Latin topics). So go for it!

Ego etiam litteris Anglicanis in universitatem studi. Post annum studiorum secundum Latinae etiam linguae valde favi atque mox minorem studiorum cursum perfeci. Numquam latinitatem fovendo desisto. Ita age!
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

NightNGaleX3x
Textkit Neophyte

Post by NightNGaleX3x »

Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

I think my goal with Latin is to understand the fundamentals of it and hopefully branch into the other Romance languages.

Einhard
Textkit Member

Post by Einhard »

NightNGaleX3x wrote:Thanks for the warm welcomes :)

I think my goal with Latin is to understand the fundamentals of it and hopefully branch into the other Romance languages.
Hello there and welcome!! Having studied and subsequently forgotten French, I've been re-learning it over the past few months, and have found that knowing Latin really helps when it comes to the grammar. I remember having terrible difficulty with the French subjunctive when I was younger but, having come to terms with it in Latin, it was quite simple the second time around. I'm sure the same is true for the other Romance languages, and indeed, the driilling in general grammar that I've gotten through latin even helps with my English! Good luck!