New to Latin and this site

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
SPQR62
Textkit Neophyte

New to Latin and this site

Post by SPQR62 »

Hi-I am new here and I am struggling with Wheelock's Latin. My professor is a real jerk :evil: as she refuses to teach. Her method is for students to do it themselves and even though she has office hours she wont go over anything!
I am an adult student and I never had Latin in HS as most of the kids in my class have. Today is my midterm and I will probably fail it. Still, I want to try and learn something, but I need a resource outside the class room.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: New to Latin and this site

Post by thesaurus »

Welcome, to Texkit! I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties, but you've come to the right place. Many of us have also struggled or are currently struggling through Wheelock's. That was my introduction to the language, in an intensive summer course; I imagine it would have been much harder with an unhelpful teacher.

Gratus adventus tuus in Textkit! Me paenitet audire te sollicitum esse, sed sci idoneum in locum te ingressum esse. Nostrum sunt multi qui moliti sunt vel etiam nunc moliuntur ut capitula Wheelock conficiant. Hic liber etiam me hanc in linguam cursu aestivo intromisit. Si magistrum immitem haberem, nescio quàm difficilior esset.

Consider posting any questions you have from your test or readings in the Latin forum, where I and many other are happy to help you sort everything out.

Spectes ut dubia quae de examine vel lectionibus habes in forum Latinum scribas, ubi ego et alii rabidè certabimus ut primi tibi auxilium adferre simus.
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

BillWood
Textkit Neophyte

Re: New to Latin and this site

Post by BillWood »

[quote="SPQR62"]Hi-I am new here and I am struggling with Wheelock's Latin. My professor is a real jerk :evil: as she refuses to teach. Her method is for students to do it themselves and even though she has office hours she wont go over anything!

I agree with Thesaurus, you've come to the right place. Look around, as I suspect you already have, and you'll find resources galore. Happy Studies Bill