Chinese perhaps - well off topic

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Chinese perhaps - well off topic

Post by Bedell »

Can any kind and learned person tell me if this is in Chinese, as I suspect, and what it might mean? It is being used as a signature by someone on another forum with whom I (amongst others) have had difficulties for his offensive displays of nationalism in past signatures.

不要让您的敌人看您的旗子,您看见白色那里注视

Many thanks to any who can help.

Edit: I should add that the one using this is not Chinese hence not Chinese nationalism! :D
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010

Essorant
Textkit Fan

Re: Chinese perhaps - well off topic

Post by Essorant »

Google Translation gives:

"Do not let your enemy see your flag, you see white there watching"

BillWood
Textkit Neophyte

Post by BillWood »

Essorant wrote:Google Translation gives:

"Do not let your enemy see your flag, you see white there watching"
I love the way some of those translating tools do their work : ) It can be funny at times. Have you used BableFish too??? Don't know if I spelt it correctly or not, but the internet is sure turning out to be a great tool. Cheers Bill

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Bedell »

Many thanks for that.

Actually, I wouldn't doubt the second part too much; it looks like the kind of semi-literate garble this nut would write. Now that I know about this machine translator for Chinese, my guess is that he used it to create the Chinese version himself and misspelt the English, "you see while they're watching." The only bit that's iffy IMHO is 'watching' - on the other hand maybe not. :D
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010