Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
BillWood
Textkit Neophyte

Post by BillWood »

Greetings Folks
Name here is Bill, and I am new to these types of forums. I have a kindergarten education in Greek and Hebrew and am getting started in Latin. Hopefully this forum will help my procrastination to take a back seat to the studies. : ) I've retired about 8 or so years ago, and am in Ham Radio. My goals here are to be able to read some of these classics, even if I do need a dictionary by my side. Took first semester Latin way back in HS, but missed so much of the class due to health, that I got behind and frustrated so dropped out, and ever since that time had this in the back of my mind, but no discipline to get going. Hopefully some day I will be able to help others, like I'm hoping you guys will help me : ) If I didn't have SOOO many pother interests, I'd be farther along then I am, but at least I'm getting here at this point of time...
Looking forward to meeting some of you folks soon. Cheers Bill :)

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re: New Member

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Welcome Bill and glad you joined us a Textkit.

I have interests in radio technology as well. I have built simple AM radios and I like to experiment with antennas. I only stay in the broadcasts bands however. My interests in diy audio are taking me more towards the constructions of high end audiophile level amps and I have collected everything I need, except for the transformer, to build my first amp which when done will go with my Sansui TU-717 which I love dearly but is baldly in need of an alignment at this point since it's was built in about 1978.

jeff
Textkit Founder

amOamasamat
Textkit Neophyte

Post by amOamasamat »

Hi Bill, Your idea about the homemade flashcards in a card case was inspired! I always suggest flashcards to the students I tutor; now I will be able to make an even better suggestion! Thanks! David

BillWood
Textkit Neophyte

Post by BillWood »

Jeff Tirey wrote:Welcome Bill and glad you joined us a Textkit.

I have interests in radio technology as well. I have built simple AM radios and I like to experiment with antennas. I only stay in the broadcasts bands however. My interests in diy audio are taking me more towards the constructions of high end audiophile level amps and I have collected everything I need, except for the transformer, to build my first amp which when done will go with my Sansui TU-717 which I love dearly but is baldly in need of an alignment at this point since it's was built in about 1978.

jeff
Hey Jeff Glad to hear that. The days of home brewing I think are passing swiftly... Hope you find that transformer, I'm sure it's out there, but probably for big bucks... If it's a power transformer, you might find one in an old color TV : ) If you know the no load voltages, and can't find one easily enough, I might be able to dig one out of the junque box : ) But don't hold your breadth, as I really am a pack rat and while I would probably have it, digging through a ton of junque can be fun at times : ) Please let me know how it turned out! Happy Soldering Bill

BillWood
Textkit Neophyte

Post by BillWood »

amOamasamat wrote:Hi Bill, Your idea about the homemade flashcards in a card case was inspired! I always suggest flashcards to the students I tutor; now I will be able to make an even better suggestion! Thanks! David
Glad it helped, I know it's a simple thing, but that's what we often overlook. I've bought flash cards myself, but am afraid to carry them with me because I am rough on everything : ) and it would only take half a day for them to start looking frayed and a week before you are never going to share them with others : ) The little ones help me in writing too, so they serve double duty. Happy studying Bill