Liber "Learn to Read Latin"

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
dwspig2
Textkit Neophyte

Liber "Learn to Read Latin"

Post by dwspig2 »

Utiturne hic aliquis librum "Learn to Read Latin" ab Stephanie Russel et Andrew Keller scriptum? In universitate hunc annos tres utibamur, in schola autem nullum librum usi sumus, sed longordinatraliter. Mihi videatur "Wheelock's Latin" fortasse optimum librum ad linguam latinum discipendam esse. Gnoscere curo utrum libro illi audivistis.

Does anyone here use the book "Learn to Read Latin" by Stephanie Russel and Andrew Keller? At college we have been using it for three years, but at school we didn't have book and instead did distance learning with the computer. It would seem to me that "Wheelock's Latin" is perhaps the best book for learning Latin. I'm interested in knowing if you've heard of this book - "Learn to Read Latin."

adrianus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Liber "Learn to Read Latin"

Post by adrianus »

For my part, I haven't used it or read it, dwspig2. I don't know the best single book for learning latin. Tastes and needs vary widely between learners.

Salve dwspig2. Ego equidem eo non usus sum, nec eum legi. Librum unicum qui ad linguam latinam discendam optimus est ignoro. Quot discipuli tot libri scholastici.
I'm writing in Latin hoping for correction, and not because I'm confident in how I express myself. Latinè scribo ut ab omnibus corrigar, non quod confidenter me exprimam.