Moving Textkit to New Server

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Moving Textkit to New Server

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to let you know the site will be moving today to a new server. Once I make the move I will have to disable the forum on the old server while the domain name change updates.

Thanks,
Jeff
Textkit Founder

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Re: Moving Textkit to New Server

Post by Jeff Tirey »

The move is complete. I'm currently updating the forum. - Jeff
Textkit Founder

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

Hmmm... I don't think the board used to have the front page's header on top (the one with the art, such as the soldiers with spears and shields). At least, I don't remember having seen this before. Anyway, I'm not crazy about it. It takes up too much screen real estate. I could see just a strip with the main site selections on it (Home/Learn Ancient Greek/Learn Ancient Latin/...), but repeating the whole header on every page is too much, IMHO.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hiya Lex,

It use to have that same header before the forum hack. I'll be working to change the forum theme from blue back to green and get in place some better anti-spam mods. Once that's done, I place to rebuild the Textkit template and I agree that there's a lot of wasted real-estate up there. For now, I just want more consistency with the rest of the site.

Jeff
Textkit Founder