looking at latin

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
little flower
Textkit Member

looking at latin

Post by little flower »

hi all
I am wondering. Is anybody using 'Looking at latin' at the moment. It is titled ' A grammar for pre college' by anna andresian.
Publisher is Bolchazy-Carducci. It would be useful if i could compare answers with someone as answers arent given (only representative examples.) I find the book good for introducing topics and for helping to bridge the gap between english and latin grammar though at $40 a year it is quite expensive.
thanks.
Little flower.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: looking at latin

Post by thesaurus »

I had not previously heard of this book, but looking at the Google Preview of it, it seems like it would be very useful for those new to the language (plus a good review for others). I particularly like the abundance of pictures and the visually pleasing layout, both of which are rarities in Latin studies.

Priusquam mihi istum librum ostendisti, nihil in aures meas accidit. Prospectu apud GoogleLibros lecto, instrumentum discendi bonum eis nuper in latinitatem incasis, necnon quibus recensendum est, mihi esse videtur. Ut punctim dicam, multae effigies picturaeque iucundae, quae tam rare in libris latinitatem discendo repertae, mihi valde placent.

I and many others, I am sure, would be happy to evaluate and discuss your answers to the questions here. Who needs an answer key when you have Textkit?

Tibi consilium dare parati ego et certe sunt alii, omnes certantes ut primi sententias tuas inspicere necnon de eis discutere possimus. Quis, quis, rogo, ambulans inter viros Textkitos clavem responsorum jure poscere potest?
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute