New Testament Lectures

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
swiftnicholas
Textkit Enthusiast

New Testament Lectures

Post by swiftnicholas »

I know that there are a number of people here interested in biblical Greek, or at least there used to be. I just discovered this series of lectures on New Testament History and Literature delivered at Yale by Dale Martin in the Spring of 2009. It seems like a good introduction to New Testament studies as far as I can tell.

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: New Testament Lectures

Post by thesaurus »

Those look really interesting and comprehensive. Thanks for sharing this. Considering that the professor states that the course will be about the New Testament "not as scripture, or a piece of authoritative holy writing, but as a collection of historical documents," I think it should appeal to even those not interested in Biblical Greek.

(I'm glad nobody films my lectures...)

Edit: Wow, there are a LOT of really interesting looking lectures on a wide variety of subjects. Where to begin! If I weren't in school, I'd be watching these every day!
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

swiftnicholas
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: New Testament Lectures

Post by swiftnicholas »

Tell me about it! I've been watching courses intensively on my breaks, but I can't get to them on a regular basis. For Classics, there is a good series on Greek History by Donald Kagan at Yale.