Thrasymachus?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
Scribo
Global Moderator

Thrasymachus?

Post by Scribo »

What do you think of the text? Basically I'd say I'm intermediate level but need to revise, my textbook "Alpha to Omega" is complete crap and the most tedious thing ever.
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

Juan Huarte
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Thrasymachus?

Post by Juan Huarte »

χαίρετε
I would never recommend Thrasymachus for an intermediate. I think it's too hard (and schematic) for a beginner and too little for an intermediate. Anyway it is too schematic for both beginners and intermediates. Perhaps what you need is a grammar for consultation and a few original texts for refreshing your greek. There are on-line some grammars and many texts for practicing. For instance, just to begin somewhere.
I'm sure other members know better sources and references.

χαίρετε
I am writing in Ancient Greek not because I know Greek well, but because I hope that it will improve my fluency in reading. I got the idea for this signature from Markos over on the Agora forum here at Textkit. Every suggestion as to improve my Greek will be welcome.