Hello

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
cillian
Textkit Neophyte

Hello

Post by cillian »

Hi all, this is just to introduce myself, my name's Cillian and I'm just starting my second year studying Classics at university in Dublin, Ireland. I did Latin at school but I only took up Greek when I started college. I actually start classes tomorrow (yummy, double Herodotus first thing Monday mornings!) which I'm really looking forward to.<br />I'd offer a prize for the first person to identify my avatar but being an impoverished student I don't have anything of value to give. :)<br />Cillian

annis
Textkit Zealot

Re:Hello

Post by annis »

Isn't that a Grammarian leading away a Supine or a Gerundive or something?<br />
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;

cillian
Textkit Neophyte

Post by cillian »

<applause> it is indeed, it is actually Kennedy discovering the gerund and leading it back into captivity, from the rather excellent Molesworth books. An imaginary bottle of champagne is winging its way to you as we speak.<br />Cillian

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Welcome to Textkit! I hope you enjoyed your visit here. You'll find lots af Greek and Latin resources on this site. <br /><br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Hello, Cillian! Welcome to Textkit! I'm sure you'll really enjoy it here. I know I do! <br /><br />Keesa

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Welcome to textkit Cillian! You will learn a lot from joining us but i warn you that these forums can consume a fair bit of your time! :) Great avatar by the way!<br /><br />-Michelle

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Hip, Hip, Hurrah! with an imaginary glass of greek wine.<br />Welcome to Textkit. Have a nice time visiting here.