I access Textkit from...

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
mariek
Global Moderator

I access Textkit from...

Post by mariek »

Just curious. I access Textkit from home and work.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re:I access Textkit from...

Post by benissimus »

Usually from home, but I have a few times when I finish early in my computer class. I also check from my friends houses sometimes, but usually just from home. ^_-<br /><br />added: vote on your own poll Marie!!!
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

MDS
Textkit Fan

Post by MDS »

Mostly from my univ residence, also from my house, various libraries and of course friends laptops while in class. :)

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

<br />Ok ok, I voted. Happy now? :)<br /><br />I never really liked using other people's computers because they never feel right. You know, you get comfortable with the way your own computer behaves, how the keyboard feels, how the mouse reacts, the amount of dust or fingerprints on the monitor/lcd, the different resolution, etc.<br /><br />I've also seen people who are absolute slobs, and I hate the thought of touching their keyboards. I really don't want to know what all that stuff is that is stuck between the keys or inside the keyboard. (Ever turn a keyboard upside-down and give it a good shake? ... or a good cleaning with compressed air?) I don't like fighting with people's mice which have "mouse crud" on their rollers. Thank goodness optical mice have become more popular over the last decade. I once had to work on someone's keyboard which litterally had a 1 to 2 mm layer of I-don't-want-to-know-what ... I had to scrub it all off before I would use it.<br /><br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I had to pick other-all of the above! Home, work and school are all in the same place for me. <br /><br />And I keep tweezers and business cards on hand at all times for mouse stuff and keyboard junk. (The tweezers work really well on the mouse!)

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

at all times? I hardly ever clean mine... but they don't get very dusty because they are in constant use. <br /><br />home and work are the same for me too.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

And why is it that my laptop stays clean and computer husband uses looks like it has just been through a mud bath? He looks clean? He keeps his clothes tidy? I just spent about half an hour this morning cleaning up all the computers in the house whilst in a cleaning frenzy.<br /><br />Back to topic - I check Textkit every one of the mornings I work when I pick up email etc but at home I tend to check it out in the evening. We also have broadband connection at work so that's where I download files and then save to a CD. I have also picked up the idea from Textkit of scanning my Uni course notes as PDF files and can now access them from my computer at work or at home without having to haul them around in my briefcase.

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Mostly from work. (Your ingenious and splendid avatars sometimes embarrass me. ;)) But sometimes from home. When do I work on language? Mostly moving. On a bus, subway, walking, etc. I don't know why I feel most comfortable studying while moving. A psychological problem, could be.<br /><br />I don't care what mouse pad is there. I regularly open and remove the mouse ball to scratch off the dust cluster from the rollers with a sharp knife, carefully. And the mouse gets happy again. :D

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

mingshey wrote: When do I work on language? Mostly moving. On a bus, subway, walking, etc.

How funny. I do most of it while moving to ... when I'm on the bus. Not when I'm walking. I can't read & walk ... but I canwalk and chew gum! :) I think I don't work on it as much while stationary (viz. at work, at home) because I get sucked into the internet and suddenly several hours have gone by. Funny how that happens.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I guess I'm just lucky; I have set times when I can get on the Internet, which leaves the rest of my day free for real work. :wink: