Hi am Makaush from bangalore/INDIA

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
makaush
Textkit Neophyte

Hi am Makaush from bangalore/INDIA

Post by makaush »

YELLO.. PEOPLE! 8)<br /><br /> iam makaush from the city of bangalore in india . iam learning italian,german,greek and latin.<br /> <br /> could anyone please post some links to sites which have latin/greek/italian/german audio&video tools or maybe even..clips.to listen,view or download? .....i did find some links<br />@ http://www.about.com. /><br /> thankxalot ;)<br />

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Hi am Makaush from bangalore/INDIA

Post by mariek »

<br />Hi Makaush. Welcome to Textkit!<br /><br />I notice you have already figured out how to add an Avatar. It's a bit on the large side, 311 x 475 pixels! Would you please choose one that's a bit smaller, something around 100 x 100 pixels or less?<br /><br />Wow... you're learning four languages at once? Well, you have company on this site as we have another member who is also learning a gazillion languages simultaneously. You guys can compare notes. :)<br /><br />You'll find lots of Greek books on this site. Click on the Learn Ancient Greek link above to find them. Also, don't forget to take a look at the Greek forums on this site; that's where you would go to post messages about Greek. This Open Board forum is for off-topic discussions.<br /><br />Hope you enjoy your visit here...<br /><br /><br />

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

Welcome, Makaush!<br />You must have made quite a progress in latin that you are looking for a latin radio station. I vaguely remember somebody in the "Learn Latin" forum mentioned something about Latin radio station. But I'm not so sure.<br />You could find some greek audio clips in the "Outside Links of Interest" forum.<br />

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

Welcome, Makaush! You've certainly come to the right place to study Latin or ancient Greek! (Or, Classical Greek...or Koine...I get those mixed up all the time!) Since your post didn't specify, I would guess that you're learning modern Greek, is that right? <br /><br />I know for a fact that someone, somewhere, in this forum, mentioned a Latin radio station. It may have been posted in Outside Links; if not, it's around here somewhere. <br /><br />(And it's not a gazillion, Mariek. It's only five, counting English (which I speak, but still study dilligently) and Spanish (which I don't speak, but rarely study :-[) as one...<br /><br />Italian and German are definitely next on my list of Languages to Learn. I think Italian is a beautiful language. I can't say that I think German is a beautiful language, necessarily, but I know a lot of people who speak it. Still, both of those are in the future for me. I have enough on my plate for the moment! ;D<br /><br />Welcome to Textkit!<br /><br />Keesa

makaush
Textkit Neophyte

Post by makaush »

HEY THANX GUYZ AND KEESA! :)<br /><br /> FOR THAT LINK AND THE THREAD LOCATION!!<br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br />THENKYA ;)

mariek
Global Moderator

Post by mariek »

[quote author=makaush link=board=6;threadid=761;start=0#7557 date=1065079231]iam learning italian,german,greek and latin.<br />[/quote]<br /><br /><br />Thanks for changing your Avatar to a smaller one. I see you're a big Huxley fan. A Brave New World is great. Now you wouldn't exactly be learning all these languages in that place.<br /><br />I just noticed that you mention also learning Latin (in addition to Greek). I missed that when I read you message last night.<br /><br />You can read/listen to Latin news here: http://www.yleradio1.fi/zgo3x.php?http: ... /nuntii<br /><br />Don't forget to look at the Outside Links of Interest forum where you'll find links to other Greek/Latin resources. http://www.textkit.com/greek_latin_foru ... oard=16<br /><br />

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi Makaush,<br /><br />It's very nice to see someone stop by from my favorite Indian city - Bangalore! If anyone is thinking of travelling to India - Bangalore is a must-see.<br /><br />I have spent a good bit of time (about 6 weeks) in Bangalore on two separate visits. I love hanging out on MG Road, Brigade Road, St. Mark's Road and Commercial Street. And of course having a nice King Fisher beer in the evening.<br /><br />welcome to Textkit,<br />jeff<br /><br />
Textkit Founder

Clemens
Textkit Member

Post by Clemens »

Welcome, enjoy your time here! :)