Are there any online vocabulary lists for Athenaze?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
atticusg
Textkit Neophyte

Are there any online vocabulary lists for Athenaze?

Post by atticusg »

Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was perhaps a collection of Athenaze english-greek vocabulary, for I recently ordered the Italian version of Athenaze due to how attractively it looked like a "Greek Orberg", but unfortunately the italian-greek vocabulary given is absolutely of no use to me, given my unfortunate ignorance of the italian language :(. And, as much as I probably should take up the study of italian, I would like to get to the actual learning of ancient greek as soon as possible. Thank you all for your time and patience.

edonnelly
Administrator

Re: Are there any online vocabulary lists for Athenaze?

Post by edonnelly »

You'll probably find most sites reluctant to just list the vocabulary from the book because of fear of copyright violation. However, the book is very popular and used by many colleges, so if you search google for athenaze vocabulary you will find lots of sites with drills and/or flashcards for testing your vocabulary, which might be good enough for what you need. I don't know how the different vocabulary programs out there work, but it is even possible that one of them may just store the words in a simple text file that would essentially have the entire set of what you need. You'd have to download some and see what you get though.

Maybe someone else knows of a better resource.
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

spiphany
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by spiphany »

It might be worth checking if one of your local libaries has a copy of the English version & then simply photocopying the vocabulary list at the back.
IPHIGENIE: Kann uns zum Vaterland die Fremde werden?
ARKAS: Und dir ist fremd das Vaterland geworden.
IPHIGENIE: Das ist's, warum mein blutend Herz nicht heilt.
(Goethe, Iphigenie auf Tauris)

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lex »

Psssst! Hey, kid! I hear you're lookin' for some Greek vocabulary. Need that fix, huh? Well, lookie what good ol' Lexie has for ya here! And the best part is, the first two are free...
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

Loulex
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Loulex »

endlesslol
Textkit Neophyte

Post by endlesslol »

even more than a decade later

Moderator's Note: Removed link to copyrighted book.