Question about Collations

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Question about Collations

Post by jaihare »

In lesson 3 (§8), one of the assignments given is:
2) the declension of βουλή, καλὴ βουλή (659-662), and
write out the declension of κλαγγή and Χρύση.
As far as collation goes, would we just ignore this and expect that we would do this individually? I mean, it's not quite possible to collate entire noun declensions and verb conjugations, is it?

Or, could we ask that everyone post their answers into a thread here on the forum?

Regards,
Jason

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Re: Question about Collations

Post by jaihare »

I haven't gotten any response to this question, but since I was sincere when asking (and it actually has relevance to the group), I'll rephrase in hope that someone will comment. :)

There are things that the book assigns that will be hard to post in a collation. While I can imagine typing up our poetry translations using the collation (and there are mark-ups specifically set for this in the collation code), I don't know what to do regarding assignments when we are told to write out paradigms for noun declensions or verbal conjugations. Should we start threads on here for this type of assignment? Also, what do we do to check the assignments when we label the syllables and feet of a poetic line? Is this all supposed to be done alone rather than as a group?

Thanks,
Jason

annis
Textkit Zealot

Re: Question about Collations

Post by annis »

We have never bothered with the "write out declensions" assignments — only the exercise sentences (both G->E and E->G) and after lesson 13, the Iliad translations (which you should do in the order G->E, Iliad, E->G).
William S. Annis — http://www.aoidoi.org/http://www.scholiastae.org/
τίς πατέρ' αἰνήσει εἰ μὴ κακοδαίμονες υἱοί;