Wheelock's page 369

Are you learning Latin with Wheelock's Latin 6th Edition? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
Dobsnick
Textkit Neophyte

Wheelock's page 369

Post by Dobsnick »

Does anyone happen to have a copy of page 369 or possibly just questions 8-17? I have seemed to have left my latin book in my locker and 12 A.M. is a tad late to be wondering the school.
I hope somebody happens to be on and able to post the questions or a copy of the page by about 6:45 Pacific standard time.
I would be very greatful for the help
Thank you.

Lex
Textkit Zealot

Re: Wheelock's page 369

Post by Lex »

You are soooooo lucky that I have insomnia, and that I did similar things in high school and so feel your pain...

I hope you are referring to the 6th edition. My copy has, on page 369, the optional self-tutorial exercises for chapter 14.

My typing convention assumes your computer can't handle proper fonts, so, for example, in "homine-s", the hyphen after the "e" indicates a long "e", i.e. a macron.

Multa bella cum Ro-ma-ni-s gessit.

Ci-vita-tem magna- cum sapientia- gere-bant.

Ipse ci-vita-tem vi- co-pia-rum tenuit.

Illa anima-lia multo-s homine-s in mare tra-xe-runt.

Hoc magna- cum arte di-xisti-.

Cum cu-ra- tra-ns urbem cucurrimus.

Magna- cum parte ci-vium ad no-s venie-bat.

Iu-ra ci-vium vi- vincet.

Eum ad mortem tra-ns terram eius tra-xistis.

No-s cum ci-vibus multa-rum urbium iunge-mus.
I, Lex Llama, super genius, will one day rule this planet! And then you'll rue the day you messed with me, you damned dirty apes!

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

wow... that is very lucky :)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Dobsnick
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dobsnick »

You my friend are godsend. Yes that is all perfect thank you so much for the help :D