Possible Group Study?

Are you reading Homeric Greek? Whether you are a total beginner or an advanced Homerist, here you can meet kindred spirits. Besides Homer, use this board for all things early Greek poetry.
jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Possible Group Study?

Post by jaihare »

Is anyone interested in putting together a group study of Pharr's book (the version provided here on the site)? I have begun to look at it and am quite interested in pursuing Homeric Greek. I studied three years of κοινή in college about 9 years ago now, so I'm quite rusty on that (not one who sits around reading the New Testament too much -- when I do read it, I read it in Hebrew, but that's another story). I'm eager to widen my base of Greek skills and delve into the Iliad. Anyone interested in starting it up? If I don't hear back pretty soon, I'm just going to trek ahead on my own.

Regards,
Jason Hare

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Re: Possible Group Study?

Post by jaihare »

Please respond either here or on this thread. I'm so eager to get started. Come on!!!!!

mathieu
Textkit Neophyte

Post by mathieu »

Hi Jason,

I have been working out of the "teach yourself ancient greek" book which, though well constructed, does not put nearly as much emphasis on Homeric Greek as I would like. I am going to supplement my current book with the Pharr one and perhaps even simply switch over to the Pharr book. I would really like to form a study group if you are still interested. However, I would probably have some catching up to do if you've been working on it since March. I would still like to hear back from you and would very much like to study with someone who shares an interest in ancient greek, specifically the Homeric greek of the Iliad and Odyssey.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Mathieu

Dimitri
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Dimitri »

Has a study group been formed yet to work with the Pharr book on Homeric Greek?

Dimitri