For Sale Oxford Latin Dictionary

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
AndrewRogers
Textkit Neophyte

For Sale Oxford Latin Dictionary

Post by AndrewRogers »

Unfortunately I come her to end my Latin experience. I tried picking up Latin at university, but I just couldn't keep at it.

I splurged a bit on books, as I so often do. I have the following for sale. It is in as new condition with a mylar cover and absolutely no dog ears. In fact, it has really not been used, as the only dictionary I ever used was a smaller dictionary during classes.

Details

Oxford Latin Dictionary
Edited by PGW Glare

ISBN 0-19-864224-5

Printed 2004 in Great Britain by CPI Bath

$345 US new

My price $80 US
Insured airmail worldwide $20 US (This is quite a heavy dictionary!)

Pictures

Slappo
Textkit Neophyte

Re: For Sale Oxford Latin Dictionary

Post by Slappo »

Are you using like e-bay or half.com, amazon market place or anything?
Semper ubi sub ubi!

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Post by paulusnb »

How are you working payment. Send it to me and I will send you money. :D
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. ~Swift

Slappo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Slappo »

I posted first!!!

I'm sure others would have a much greater use for it though so I'll let them fight over it :lol:
Semper ubi sub ubi!

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Post by paulusnb »

Well, I am not sending payment to someone I do not know, so it is all yours.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. ~Swift

AndrewRogers
Textkit Neophyte

Post by AndrewRogers »

Payment would be via Paypal and I can happily provide tracked express international post at a bit extra ($10 US). I know trust might be a bit of an issue on here, but simply Google AndrewRogers and you will probably come across a few threads at StyleForum where I sell quite a few things. If you send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to give you my personal e-mail address.

Thanks,

Andrew

Slappo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Slappo »

AndrewRogers wrote:Payment would be via Paypal and I can happily provide tracked express international post at a bit extra ($10 US). I know trust might be a bit of an issue on here, but simply Google AndrewRogers and you will probably come across a few threads at StyleForum where I sell quite a few things. If you send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to give you my personal e-mail address.

Thanks,

Andrew
Well on top of trust being an issue... the fact that you're selling it for less then half of what you could get for it on e-bay might have an effect as well...
Semper ubi sub ubi!

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Post by paulusnb »

How about this. Send the book to the school where I teach. (e-mail me in the forum). I can even give you a purchase order. Then, upon receiving the book, I will reimburse you.

You can check all of my posts to Textkit. I am a stand-up guy.

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Post by paulusnb »

AndrewRogers wrote:Payment would be via Paypal and I can happily provide tracked express international post at a bit extra ($10 US).
So wait. You have paypal but do not want to use Half.com or ebay? Where do you live friend? Maybe I can walk over and do the transaction in person?

PS. at the price you are charging, you could sell on Craigslist. Surely, there is someone near you who studies Latin? Where are you again?

AndrewRogers
Textkit Neophyte

Post by AndrewRogers »

I don't know whether this will make things easier or better, but I have put the dictionary up for sale on eBay.

The price included shipping worldwide, though it seems eBay didn't let me include international shipping. I can't use Half.com as I am located in Australia.

The price has gone up a bit to cover two things: eBay fees and postage (insured and tracked express international)

This might provide the safety and protection some of you are after.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... %3DSelling