How to improve rusty schoolboy Latin

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
snesci
Textkit Neophyte

How to improve rusty schoolboy Latin

Post by snesci »

Salvete
I am new to this forum and would like assistance with finding a website that teaches latin (preferably free of charge) to someone like me -namely I have a smattering of Latin from School from over 40 years ago.I found a site called learnlatin.tk which seems quite good -has anyone else used it? Also can someone recommend a good online dictionary to assist me with translating some documents I have been assigned to translate from Latin to English
Many thanks

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Re: How to improve rusty schoolboy Latin

Post by paulusnb »

There is a great downloadable dictionary here. http://users.erols.com/whitaker/words.htm

I do not know of any websites, but I would suggest Lingua Latina, which is a reading immersion program. Presumably, you have some grounding in the morphology and syntax, so you would benefit from it.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. ~Swift