neuter gender

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
omgitzsteph11990!!!
Textkit Neophyte

neuter gender

Post by omgitzsteph11990!!! »

I am a student studying Latin from Lingua Latina. I am on chapter 5, and wondering about the neuter gender. On page 15 of the exercitia, in the margin at the bottom, they show examples with the singular and plural, in nominative and accussitive cases. If they show the ending "um" singular in both nominative and accussative, will it always be "a" in plural?

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re: neuter gender

Post by benissimus »

yes, in the nominative and accusative (and vocative)
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

DarthCarlos.vs.world
Textkit Neophyte

Post by DarthCarlos.vs.world »

I am sorry I m mistaken please forgive me for my incorrect data. I am mistaking the neuter gender for the feminine gender. :oops:
Last edited by DarthCarlos.vs.world on Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

DarthCarlos.vs.world wrote:No it will not always "a" if I am not mistaken it sometimes will be "am". :)
example of a plural in "am"?
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae