flash card program?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Jason Rules
Textkit Neophyte

flash card program?

Post by Jason Rules »

Hello.

I'm basically just looking for a quality flash card making program that I can print from (writing all the vocabulary is such a time consuming hassle).

Does anybody have one that they use/would recommend?

If this helps in some way, I'll just be making vocabulary cards from Wheelock's Latin.

Front: latin word and part of speech

Back: definition(s) and derivative words

Thanks

paulusnb
Textkit Fan

Re: flash card program?

Post by paulusnb »

Just buy one of the Latin flashcard sets. They are 14 bucks. You will spend that much in ink and paper. Vis-Ed is what I used. Personally, I find writing the flashcards half the battle. If you just want to use them on the computer, the Mnemosyne flashcard system has Wheelock, I believe. You cannot print these up though, I think.
When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him. ~Swift

KramerKram
Textkit Neophyte

Post by KramerKram »

Anki.

It's a free, open-source, frequently updated program with an active community.
If you don't see something you want in the program, you can ask the programmer to add it!

From the website:
Supports shared decks. You can subscribe to decks by your friends or teacher and new cards will enter your deck when you sync. To try it out, go to the Anki website, click "Manage" on the left, and then click "Share"
For example: I could share a Latin deck of 100 flashcards. You get a Key for my deck and subscribe to my deck. When I add cards to my deck, I sync it with the Anki server. The next time you open Anki and sync your deck with the server, you will automatically download the cards that I added to my deck. As many people as you want can sync up to your deck without your deck being changed by their progress.

I would love to see someone with a great flashcard deck share it through Anki! (I would share mine, but I have a lot of Lingua Latina Per Se Illustrata cards that I don't believe would be right to share unless the other people owned the books.)

http://ichi2.net/anki/

Abstractus
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Abstractus »

I like granule http://granule.sourceforge.net

It is more than simple flash card program: it provides short- and long-term memory training, has many useful of features. It is free, and available on many platforms.