Textkit Logo

Introducing myself

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.

Moderators: thesaurus, Jeff Tirey

Introducing myself

Postby n00b » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:54 pm

I just read that people appreciate an introduction, so here is mine.

I am a 25 year old person from the Netherlands and I am interested in the Latin language for a very long time now. At the moment I am attending a course to learn the basics. Ironically I have to admit I have two problems with this; I do not have a good feeling for languages* and since not so long I was diagnosed with ADD, so studying is quite hard, but I keep on trying. I guess there is a part of myself who loves to torture me :D

The reason I joined this forum is to look around and see if I can find useful and interesting things.

I hope this is good enough, if not, feel free to ask and I will try to answer your questions.

(* Since I am not so good with language I might make some mistakes in English as well, feel free to point out my mistakes, so I will be able to learn from it and also to avoid any annoying feelings from your side).
n00b
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Introducing myself

Postby thesaurus » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:06 am

Welcome, n00b! There are a number of other Dutch posters around here, so you'll fit right in. Also, your English looks great to me!
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute
thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Return to Open Board