discarded toy from Textkit’s childhood

Are you learning Latin with D'Ooge's Beginners Latin Book? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback and comments from others.
Interaxus
Textkit Enthusiast

discarded toy from Textkit’s childhood

Post by Interaxus »

Here's a mistake. In the following ...

§341 page 147
II
1. Hostes contra spem nostram fugerunt ... (as a translation of “Contrary to our expectation, the enemy fled...)

... spem should be opinionem. It’s listed at the back of the book and is found in regular Latin dictionaries (contrâ/praeter opiniônem = contrary to expectation).

Anyone updating the Key? I doubt it. Nobody heard Mingshey’s appeal. Is D’Ooge a discarded toy from Textkit’s childhood? :?

Cheers,
Int

ingrid70
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: discarded toy from Textkit’s childhood

Post by ingrid70 »

I compiled the key, from the work of the people mentioned at the first page, as well as my own; but I don't have a copy left myself (I'm three or four computers on from that time 8) ). I'm not sure if Jeff still has the original Word document; I can't edit this one. I did warn against errors though :) .

Ingrid

Interaxus
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: discarded toy from Textkit’s childhood

Post by Interaxus »

Ingrid,

Thanks for your prompt response. Much appreciated. I guess we're seeing electronic archeology in the making. We are the fast-freeze fossils destined to amaze visiting cosmic kids aeons hence. :shock:

Cheers,
Int