Earthquake in Japan

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Emma_85
Global Moderator

Earthquake in Japan

Post by Emma_85 »

I'm really glad to hear that not too many people were seriously hurt; their buildings must be really stable to survive such a quake. <br />My own experiences with this natural disaster are very sad ones indeed and hearing of earthquakes in the news always brings back memories.

mariek
Global Moderator

Re:Earthquake in Japan

Post by mariek »

<br />No reported deaths yet ... which is pretty good for such a large quake! Earthquakes scare me, even the little ones. So I'm pretty sensitive to earthquakes. You'd think I'd "get used to" them after living in Earthquake Country all my life. ::)<br /><br />

Emma_85
Global Moderator

Post by Emma_85 »

When I hear about earthquakes I always remember all the rubble and the flowers to mark where people had died, but worst of all are the terribly sad stories I remember, that people told me then. <br />If you weren't scared of earthquakes, I'd think you were very strange indeed.

Keesa
Textkit Zealot

Post by Keesa »

I'm sure I'd be afraid of them if I had ever been aware of being in one...we've only had one earthquake here in my lifetime, and I slept through it. :-[

Puella Parva
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Puella Parva »

So did I-but then that's not unusual. :D<br />I always send up prayers for people in earthquakes-I've seen the damage they can do, and feel woefully inadequate to do anything for the people who were in them :(