Registered users.

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Bert
Textkit Zealot

Registered users.

Post by Bert »

Gigabot [Bot], Google [Bot], MSN [Bot], psbot [Picsearch], Yahoo [Bot]
These were all listed as registered users of Textkit. What up with that?

thesaurus
Textkit Zealot

Re: Registered users.

Post by thesaurus »

Who says that computers/automated programs can't also enjoy the pleasures of Greek and Latin from time to time?
Horae quidem cedunt et dies et menses et anni, nec praeteritum tempus umquam revertitur nec quid sequatur sciri potest. Quod cuique temporis ad vivendum datur, eo debet esse contentus. --Cicero, De Senectute

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

it looks like w/ the new forum search bots all have 'user accounts'. Bots have accounts for reporting features where in admin there's a bot report that shows visit/index activity by bot. I just wish the bots where hidden from the public stat.
Jeff
Textkit Founder

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Post by Bert »

jeff wrote:it looks like w/ the new forum search bots all have 'user accounts'. Bots have accounts for reporting features where in admin there's a bot report that shows visit/index activity by bot. I just wish the bots where hidden from the public stat.
Jeff
I see. I was concerned that it was something harmful. I almost was going to say malignant.