Lucus Eques

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Essorant
Textkit Fan

Lucus Eques

Post by Essorant »

What happened to Lucus Eques? He used to post here fairly often.

quendidil
Textkit Member

Post by quendidil »

Unfortunately, I have no idea either.

I do recall him mentioning something about joining the Marines though?

ThomasGR
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by ThomasGR »

Joining the Marines? He was that young? He was a very knowledgeable person.

Koehnsen
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Koehnsen »

In looking for the thread where he talks with a certain Peter D about his upcoming time in the service, I found this hilarious thread where Lucus mixes it up with the tag team of White Octave and Episcopus:

http://tiny.cc/PWlot

Some of the funniest erudite banter on the internet is found in the older threads here.

K

Interaxus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Interaxus »

"... Tempus proh dolor non est hac septimana omnia responsa huc conferre, quod cras in Grandem Canionem ibo, duas septimanas ibi explorans una cum amico optimo familiae geologiam pulcherrimam hujus pa-, patriae gaudens. Igitur post idus Augustas nos inter nos iterum audibimus. Photographicas scilicet imagines reportabo mecum! ... ... Valete!"

Lucus/Lucius wrote thus on his site: http://www.scorpiomartianus.com/

Perhaps he got lost in the Grand Canyon... :cry:

Cheers,
Int

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated!

Thanks for your concern, amici! Fortunately I am well and spent a wonderful two weeks out West — upon my return I immediately had to prepare for my new job as a middle school Latin and Spanish teacher (don't worry, Amadeus and Gonzalo, elementary Spanish! Plus I've improved since then ;) ). Also, since my girlfriend also got a job teaching at this school (at its high school) as a Spanish teacher, we have moved back into Bethlehem together (where we just graduated from college) — but we have not had internet at our place for some six weeks! till now. :)

So I just got back to Textkit a few minutes ago for the first time since the beginning of August — and I have many, many pages of fora to read! Feel free to recommend anything especially important or intriguing — I'll be sifting through it all this weekend!

It's good to be back in my favorite Classical place online! Valete atque valete!

P.S. As for the "service," I'll be going into the Air Force next year.
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

edonnelly
Administrator

Post by edonnelly »

Lucus,
It sounds like things are going well for you. That's great. It's good to see you back here.
Ed
The lists:
G'Oogle and the Internet Pharrchive - 1100 or so free Latin and Greek books.
DownLOEBables - Free books from the Loeb Classical Library

calvinist
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by calvinist »

Lucus Eques wrote:P.S. As for the "service," I'll be going into the Air Force next year.
awesome! thank you for your commitment to serve your country. I'm a former Marine.

IreneY
Textkit Zealot

Post by IreneY »

Neos has posted a few more threads :D
Good to "see" you again

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Lucus Eques wrote:The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated!

Thanks for your concern, amici! Fortunately I am well and spent a wonderful two weeks out West — upon my return I immediately had to prepare for my new job as a middle school Latin and Spanish teacher (don't worry, Amadeus and Gonzalo, elementary Spanish! Plus I've improved since then ;) ). Also, since my girlfriend also got a job teaching at this school (at its high school) as a Spanish teacher, we have moved back into Bethlehem together (where we just graduated from college) — but we have not had internet at our place for some six weeks! till now. :)

So I just got back to Textkit a few minutes ago for the first time since the beginning of August — and I have many, many pages of fora to read! Feel free to recommend anything especially important or intriguing — I'll be sifting through it all this weekend!

It's good to be back in my favorite Classical place online! Valete atque valete!

That sounds fantastic. I'm glad to hear so much great news from you, Luke. Congratulations for your job and we'll have the pleasure of reading you again.
Regards,
Gonzalo

quendidil
Textkit Member

Post by quendidil »

Lucus Eques wrote: So I just got back to Textkit a few minutes ago for the first time since the beginning of August — and I have many, many pages of fora to read! Feel free to recommend anything especially important or intriguing — I'll be sifting through it all this weekend!

I'd be interested to know what you think of labialized "qu"[/img]

Alatius
Textkit Fan

Post by Alatius »

Welcome back Luke! I was afraid your class had overpowered you. :lol: