Radio in Latin

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Radio in Latin

Post by Amadeus »

BERLIN (Reuters) - A Berlin radio station will broadcast its morning show entirely in Latin on September 26 to mark the European day of languages, the station said on Thursday.

Trailers, news and weather will be translated into Latin for the Kiss FM show, listened to by around 4.2 million people daily, to raise awareness of the tragedy of dead languages.

"We are particularly looking forward to a member of staff who has written a Latin rap song," station spokesman Michael Weiland said.

(Reporting by Josie Cox, Editing by Sonya Dowsett)

http://uk.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnou ... EnoughNews

Yes, Latin is definitely gaining momentum as an international language. I think I'll tune in! (Except for the rap music...)
Lisa: Relax?! I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God! I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!

Homer: Well it's always in the last place you look.

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Hi,

Many thanks for sharing that. As for rap... Amadeus, please! watch this. I think exactly what the handsome hostess says. :lol:

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Salve, Gundisalve:

Hahahae. Gratias tibi per tuum nexum. Fateor vero me esse 'quadratum' quia non solum 'rap', quod vocatur, non audio, sed etiam magnum musicae hodiernae numerum. Ut mihi videtur, musica classica (ab medio aevo usque ad primam saeculi xx partem), si non unica, certe maxima omnium generum est. :P Ideo felix sum ut censeas idem quam femina illa. :)

Cura ut valeas!
Lisa: Relax?! I can't relax! Nor can I yield, relent, or... Only two synonyms? Oh my God! I'm losing my perspicacity! Aaaaa!

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Salve, Deumamans!

Ut accuratius loquamur, illa musica de qua notitiam das "antiqua" vocatur et ab Ætate Mediâ usque ad obitum illîus Iohannis Sebastiani "Rivuli" (nimirum Germanice Johann Sebastian Bach) panditur. Inde a morte Rivuli usque ad hodiernum diem, non male dicimus si Classicam eam appellamus. Minimus error inter amicos. De musica hodierna, paucis eloquar; audi aut Stravinsky aut Prokofiev aut alios paucos viros præclaros.

Vale!

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Gonzalo wrote:Minimus error inter amicos.
:lol: Non erravi. Per verbum 'classicum' intellego id quod semper manet, et meo iudicio, illa mussica quae descripsi supra sempiterna quidem est. :wink:

Iterum vale!

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Oh, here's a short video of the hosts of KISS FM trying so hard to read Latin. :lol:

http://www.kissfm.de/cgi-bin/WebObjects ... videoH=270

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

If you hadn't said it was Latin, I wouldn't have known it. They have a strong accent.

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Yeah, it's a shame about the strong accent. But, hey, at least they get credit for trying to raise awareness for our beloved language. :)

Gonzalo
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Gonzalo »

Of course, I would pay to hear a Spanish national radio broadcasting in Latin.

Regards,
Gonzalo

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Amadeus wrote:Oh, here's a short video of the hosts of KISS FM trying so hard to read Latin. :lol:

http://www.kissfm.de/cgi-bin/WebObjects ... videoH=270
That was truly painful. My 6th grade Latin students do much better! Actually, I should show this to them to encourage them!
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Amadeus
Textkit Zealot

Post by Amadeus »

Lucus Eques wrote:That was truly painful.
Yeah, kinda. I'm actually disappointed that I didn't get to hear the Latin part of their show. I tuned in for the morning program and heard nothing but German and Hammer Time. :cry: