concise grammar with all the needed information

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
Junya
Textkit Enthusiast

concise grammar with all the needed information

Post by Junya »

Hi.

I have a Japanese, small sized, very cheap grammar book of Latin. But this book is small and pithy, and gives more sections and more detailed advices than Wheelock. I like to read it lying on the floor when I am tired or have a headache.

I want a like book in English. Can somebody recommend one?

I am reading Allen & Greenough's and Gildersleeve too. But they have too many parts explaining what one can realize by himself needless of grammar when he reads Latin texts, with such words as one takes much time to understand. So, sometimes I feel I am reading a useless thing and wasting time when I read these.

So I want a more concise one, giving only and all the needed parts of Latin grammar, to read lying on the floor when I have a headace.

Or, maybe it is ok and welcome too if you give me some knack to deal with Allen & Greenough's as if it was a very compact grammar.
Last edited by Junya on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

convector
Textkit Neophyte

Post by convector »

I don't know of a concise grammer, but I printed Appendices I and II of D'Ooge's book and keep them close at hand - headace or not.

Junya
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Junya »

:lol: