Apple iSight webcam iChat AV, anyone?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Elucubrator
Global Moderator

Apple iSight webcam iChat AV, anyone?

Post by Elucubrator »

Well, I just got one of these in the mail, and was wondering whether there were any Textkitters that have both an Apple computer, an iSight camera, iChat AV, and an AIM account who would like to video chat?<br /><br />Apparently, the software is still developmental and there is no compatibility yet between platforms.<br /><br />Barring this, does anyone with a mac know of a solution for videoconferencing which allows one to talk to people using PC computers?<br /><br />later,<br /><br />Sebastian

benissimus
Global Moderator

Re:Apple iSight webcam iChat AV, anyone?

Post by benissimus »

If Yahoo! Messenger works on your computer, then you should probably be able to have a webcam conference using that with anyone else. AIM is a little bit too picky about external devices.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

I do indeed know of a program that allows PC-to-Mac voice chat and video conferencing! A free program called iVisit, downloadable at:<br /><br />http://www.ivisit.info/<br /><br />Hope to *see* you soon! ;D

Raya
Textkit Fan

Post by Raya »

[quote author=benissimus link=board=6;threadid=707;start=0#6796 date=1064445852]<br />If Yahoo! Messenger works on your computer, then you should probably be able to have a webcam conference using that with anyone else. AIM is a little bit too picky about external devices.<br />[/quote]<br /><br />Sadly, none of the messengers (Y!, MSN, AIM) allow voice-chat or vid-conferencing across platforms. I'm not sure about ICQ, though.